Rafting in Japan is one of the most fun and exciting ways to escape the city, spend time outdoors and refresh yourself in beautiful natural surroundings. You dont need any previous experience and all equipment is provided.
During our Okutama rafting trips we meet at Mitake Station (90min direct train from Shinjuku) and walk together along the river to the rafting base. After getting changed and equipped we spend the morning heading down stream on the rafts, battling the rapids along the way! Its six people per raft so its also a great way to meet people as you work together to master the river. After a fun morning on the river we take a short riverside stroll to the local sake brewery where we can have lunch by the river and try some of the fantastic local rice wine on offer. There is also the option to visit one of the local hot springs as well before heading back to Tokyo.
- Half day whitewater rafting tour
- All required rental equpiment - wetsuit, lifejacket, paddle, helmet etc.
- Visit to the local sake brewery
- English & Japanese speaking trip leaders / instructors
- Travel and accident insurance.
- Chance to get out of the city and have some fun in beautiful Okutama!