A weekend island getaway to beautiful Miyakejima. Famous for its friendly, wild dolphins. Trip includes dolphin swimming tour!! Also camping, snorkeling, swimming, scuba, hiking, relaxing and more!
Miyakejima and neighboring Mikurajima are part of the Izu islands chain that includes the well-known Niijima and others. Miyake and Mikura Islands are famous for being home to a large family of 200 Indo-Pacific Bottlenose dolphins. These dolphins are living in the wild, in their natural environment however they are very friendly and as such enjoy coming right up to swimmers and snorkelers and playing around them. This rare phenomenon allows us to experience the friendly dolphins up close and personal in their natural habitat! While swimming with the dolphins its possible that you will meet small family groups, mothers, young adults and even super cute babies! This is definitely a good trip for a waterproof camera!
We are taking the large passenger ferry over to the island which is a brand new ship as of late last year. We have reserved rooms and can also hang out, relax, party and even sleep up on the top decks during the cruise. We will be camping in a beautiful, ocean front camp ground with good facilities. There are some great snorkelling spots only a short walk from the camp ground. The dolphin swim tour operations are strictly limited in regards to the number of people who can visit the dolphins each day to ensure the area is kept clean and the dolphins kept happy. As such we can only fit an absolute max of 20 people on this trip so please sign up as soon as you can if you are interested.
To join this trip you must meet the following criteria:
* Have snorkeled at least three times before
* Are able to clear water from your snorkel
* Are confident swimming in the ocean where you cannot touch the ground.
* Rental gear (wetsuit, snorkel, mask, fins etc) is available on site during the trip if needed.
* Rentals are an extra cost payable in cash on the day of trip departure.
* You are welcome to bring your own snorkeling gear to save rental costs if you have them.
* Rental costs are in yen as follows:
Wet suit\1,200yen, Mask\350yen, Snorkel\350yen, Fins\350yen, Boots\350yen.
* We will email one week before the trip with more info on rentals, and other important trip information.