Kozushima is one of the Izu islands, located around 160km from the Tokyo port. The island has something for everyone with excellent surfing & swimming beaches as well as many incredible scuba diving and snorkeling locations. The temperate climate of the island provides perect conditions for hard coral and all variety of fish making it a great destination for snorkelers & divers.
At Nagumi bay, on the northern end of the island, there are a series of super fun wooden boardwalks and diving platforms that are always very popular. This is also one of the clearest snorkeling and diving areas with 15m deep dives possible right off the beach.
The camp ground we will be staying in is right in front of the beach making it easy to jump straight into the crystal clear water every hour or so to cool off! It is well located - about a 10min walk from the out door hot springs and with easy access to the wooden walkways and diving platforms at the northen end of the island. The camp ground has showers and toilet facilties for campers.
Kozushima is the perfect summer weekend escape - cant wait!
- Large Passenger Ferry: Tokyo ~ Kozushima ~ Tokyo. Reserved tickets. You will have your own allocated space in a room for resting/sleeping. Can also party, relax, sleep on the deck.
- Two night's camping fees for a tent site at the camp ground.
- Dinner on both Saturday & Sunday nights at the campsite. BBQ dinner. Vegetarians OK.
- Breakfast on both Sunday and Monday mornings
- All required cutlery, bowls, cups, cooking equipment etc needed for the provided meals.
- Experienced English and Japanese speaking trip leaders
- Travel and accident insurance for the whole trip
- Chance to get out of Tokyo and spend the weekend on a beautiful island with a fun group of people!