Shiga Kogen is by far Japan's biggest ski resort area with 18 interconnected ski resorts all accessible with the one lift pass. The high altitude brings consistently great snow conditions and with over 80kms of courses and 70 lifts the resort is great for all levels of skiier/boarder. Shiga Kogen is also famous for the onsen bathing snow monkeys! The Shiga Kogen snow monkeys are a definite must see and we will be visiting the monkey onsen on the final day of the trip. The snow monkeys have lived in the Shiga Kogen area for several generations and come down from the mountains each day to bath in the natural hot springs at the base. We will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with the hot spring bathing monkeys in their natural habitat.
The long weekend trip is always one of our most popular trips, always booking out well in advance. Previous seasons we have seen over a metre fall within 24 hours! Our hotel for the trip is right on the slopes, only 1min walk/ski from the ski lifts and features a 100% natural hot spring. This long weekend trip also features free lessons for beginner skiiers & snowboarders from qualified, english speaking instructors and two fun parties/music events on both nights, with DJs, giveaways and more. Powder, onsens, snow monkeys and partying at Japans biggest resort - cant wait!
- Round trip private bus: Shinjuku ~ Shiga Kogen
- Three nights accommodation
- Hotel is 1min walk from the slopes and includes 100% natural onsen open 24hrs
- Two dinners
- Three breakfasts (Sat, Sun, Mon)
- One day all areas lift pass
- Free beginner ski or snowboard lesson (9:30am first morning)
- Entry to party events both nights.
- Snow Monkey tour on Monday
- National Park entry fee if visiting the snow monkeys.
- Travel and ski insurance for the whole weekend
- Sales / Consumption tax (10%)
Ski Boots Only (+1500/day)
Skis & Poles Only (+1500/day)
Snowboard Set (Board, Boots, Bindings) (+2000/day)
Snowboard Boots Only (+1500/day)
Snow Pants Only (+1500/day)
Snow Jacket Only (+1500/day)
Dates & Availability