Meet in Shinjuku. All aboard the TSC Bus! Watch movies, chat with old and new friends and get excited! Stop for snacks / rest along the way
17:00 ~ 18:00:
Arrive at Mt. Fuji 5th Station (2305m). Buy extra water/snacks etc if needed. Place uneeded luggage in lockers. Warm up stretches. Get used to the altitude. Meet at the start of the trail. Group photo.
Hike to the 6th station safety guidance centre. Re-group. Get used to the altitude.
Start the Mt Fuji Climb! Take it easy to get used to the change in altitude. Stop for rests / toilet / snack breaks at stations along the way.
Arrive at the 8th station.
3:00am ~ 05:00am:
Hike to the Summit and rest at the top. Re-group to watch the sunrise. Watch the sun rise above the clouds from the highest spot in Japan!
Optional 1~1.5hr hike around the crater at the top. Breakfast at one of the huts at the summit. Send a post card from the summit (summit post office open from mid-July).
Descend from the summit back to the 5th station using the descent route
Re-group. Rest / Lunch at the 5th Station
Bus back to Shinjuku stopping once for rest/snack break on the way.
- Round Trip Private Bus from Tokyo to Mt. Fuji, Yamanashi
- Experienced Trip Leaders and Trail Maps
- Oxygen Canister - 5 litres (very light and only about 25cm long) - helps with aclimatizing to the altitude.
- Rental headlight & batteries so you can hike hands free
- Energy Snacks and Water (500ml)
- Accident insurance for the whole weekend
- Chance to challenge yourself with a fun group of folks!