Trips departing before June 30, 2023: Meet in front of Shinjuku Station South Exit (Minami Guchi). Pick up your train tickets from the TSC trip leader.
Trips departing before June 30, 2023: Catch the JR train to Shiromaru Station (2200yen round trip ticket cost included in trip price)
Meet at SHIROMARU Station in the Okutama area. Walk to the SUP base centre.
10:00 ~ 13:00:
Stand-up paddle boarding in Okutama! Learn basic techiniques. Take in the beautiful lush green surroundings. Relax on the river.
13:00 ~ 15:30:
Visit the beautiful riverside sake brewery. Lunch by the river. Sake tasting.
- Half day stand-up paddle boarding course.
- Trips departing before June 30, 2023: Round trip JR train ticket Shinjuku Station ~ Shiromaru Station ~ Shinjuku Station (2200yen value)
- All required rental gear - wetsuits, lifejackets, helmets, boots, SUP, paddle etc.
- English & Japanese speaking trip leaders / instructors
- Visit to the local sake brewery
- Insurance & 10% sales tax
- A fun day out in beautiful Okutama!
Dates & Availability
Travel Subsidy (Zenkoku Ryokou Shien) on now! Ends Jul 1st (Sat)
Stand-up paddle boarding on the Shiromaru section of the Tama River was a leisurely and fun experience, with clear green waters and a beginner's course perfect for first-timers. The nearby sake brewery provided a great opportunity to relax and explore local culture, with the option to visit the local onsen for ultimate relaxation. Highly recommend this trip.
Super fun experience. The river is really beautiful and Keiji did a great job of organising everything. Just wished that the experience could have been longer!